The Interpersonal Mediation Practitioner’s Certificate
Become an accredited mediator with our flagship mediator qualification.
Qualify as a mediator with the Interpersonal Mediation Practitioner’s Certificate, the market-leading 40-hour professional mediator training programme.
The Interpersonal Mediation Practitioner’s Certificate qualifies you to be able to resolve all types of interpersonal disputes more positively, including bullying & harassment and grievance-type issues in the workplace, consumer disputes, family and neighbourhood fall-outs, all types of complaints, and business conflicts. Over 5,000 people have qualified with us in the last nineteen years on this highly regarded course, and 100% of our learners would recommend the course to others.
One reason for the popularity of the course is that all of our trainers are themselves practising mediators, who pass on their skills through a number of exercises, lectures, group discussions, lively dispute simulations and real case studies. We emphasise learning-by-doing in order to build up your competence and confidence as a mediator.
We have trained and qualified interpersonal mediators from all over the world, and our training sits on the National and the European Qualifications and Credits Frameworks, just like GCSEs, A Levels and Degrees. Train with us and you get a proper, externally accredited qualification, respected and recognised throughout the UK and beyond.
- compare and contrast mediation with other forms of dispute resolution
- identify the requisite skills and qualities of an effective mediator
- understand how to apply mediation in your own setting
- prepare for, set up, run, and conclude mediation sessions
- achieve the six learning outcomes for the level four award of the Mediation Practitioner's Certificate
- The underlying principles of mediation
- The step-by-step mediation process, and tasks at each stage
- The role of the mediator compared to other professional roles
- Confidentiality and impartiality in mediation
- How to initiate, manage and conclude the mediation process
- The skills and knowledge required of mediators
- Encouraging people to participate in mediation
- How to ensure that mediation is safe, constructive, and effective
- DVD material showing a live dispute, and illustrating how people behave when they are in conflict
- Lecture and discussion
- Group exercises
- Small-group activities
- Practice sessions with simulated case material
- Real-life case studies
- People Managers and Team Leaders
- Employment Solicitors
- Welfare Officers
- Equality Officers
- Housing Workers
- Trainers and organisational consultants
- HR Professionals
- Trades Union Representatives
- Family workers and family group conferencing teams
We are pleased to be able to offer you a 10% discount if...
- Early bird discount - The course you are booking on is more than 90 days away
- Charity discount - You are representing a registered charity
- Three learner discount - You are booking three or more learners
Only one discount is allowed per booking.
At a glanceBook now
0800 772 0778
"Brilliant course, enjoyed it and feel it has prepared me for future cases within our organisation." Amy Flynn, Leicester County Councilread more testimonials
About the venue
etc.venues Fenchurch Street is a conference & training venue in a superb City of London location. It provides state of the art facilities and that is the reason why we have chosen this venue to hold our accredited mediation training courses.
You’ll find the venue right next door to Fenchurch Street Station, in the heart of the financial, banking and insurance district and just a short walk from Tower Hill, Bank, Monument and Aldgate stations, as well as Tower Gateway for the DLR.
Delegates will enjoy a spacious and modern training facility, fully equipped with the latest AV technology and full catering facilities. Fenchurch Street has 16 flexible rooms perfect for conferences meetings, exhibitions and events, all on one floor with easy access to the onsite restaurant and luxurious lounge. Super fast free WiFi throughout the venue as well as all rooms fitted with high spec projectors and screens.
Situated in the heart of the City of London, Fenchurch Street is conveniently located next door to Fenchurch St Station and within touching distance of a number of world famous London landmarks.
How to get there
8 Fenchurch Place is situated right next door to Fenchurch Street station. Exit the station via Exit 1 which can be found at the end of Platforms 1-4. When using Exit 1 simply turn right out of the station, the main entrance to etc.venues 8 Fenchurch St is through the large white arch.
If you exit Fenchurch St via Exits 2 & 3, you will need to turn right upon exiting the stations and onto Coopers Row*, from here follow the directions as outlined below for the exiting the Undeground.
Tower Gateway Station is approximately 7 minutes walk At the station exit, cross over the Minories and follow signs to Tower Hill underground station (100 metres away). Just before the underground station entrance, turn left down the steps. At the bottom of the steps, turn right, up a slope with steps at the end. At the top of the steps, turn right and walk towards the underground station exit (25 metres up on the right hand side). Follow the directions from * above.
8 Fenchurch Place is served by many bus routes including the 35, 47, 48 and 149.
District or Circle Lines to Tower Hill Station. Tower Hill is approximately 5 minutes walk.
From either Eastbound or Westbound platforms, follow the Way Out signs saying Fenchurch Street and Tower Gateway DLR. Go up the steps and into the station ticket area. Turn right out of the station and onto Coopers Row*. Follow Coopers Row for 250 metres (you’ll see a large stone railway bridge ahead of you) and at the end of the road, just after the bridge, turn left onto Crutched Friars. Carry on down Crutched Friars for 250 metres and then turn right into New London Street. Walk along this street for 50 metres and up some steps. 8 Fenchurch Place is located to the left of the main Fenchurch Street station entrance.