The Interpersonal Mediation Practitioner’s Certificate
Become an accredited mediator with our flagship mediator qualification.
Qualify as a mediator with the Interpersonal Mediation Practitioner’s Certificate (IMPC), the market-leading 40-hour professional mediator training programme.
The IMPC qualifies you to be able to resolve all types of interpersonal disputes more positively, including bullying and harassment and grievance-type issues in the workplace, consumer disputes, family and neighbourhood fall-outs, all types of complaints, and business conflicts. Over 5,000 people have qualified with us in the last nineteen years on this highly regarded course, and 100% of our learners would recommend the course to others.
One reason for the popularity of the course is that all of our trainers are themselves practising mediators, who pass on their skills through a number of exercises, lectures, group discussions, lively dispute simulations and real case studies. We emphasise learning-by-doing in order to build up your competence and confidence as a mediator.
We have trained and qualified interpersonal mediators from all over the world, and our training sits on Ofqual’s Register of Regulated Qualifications, just like GCSEs, A Levels and Degrees. Train with us and you get a proper, externally accredited qualification, respected and recognised throughout the UK and beyond.
- compare and contrast mediation with other forms of dispute resolution
- identify the requisite skills and qualities of an effective mediator
- understand how to apply mediation in your own setting
- prepare for, set up, run, and conclude mediation sessions
- achieve the six learning outcomes for the level four award of the Mediation Practitioner's Certificate
- The underlying principles of mediation
- The step-by-step mediation process, and tasks at each stage
- The role of the mediator compared to other professional roles
- Confidentiality and impartiality in mediation
- How to initiate, manage and conclude the mediation process
- The skills and knowledge required of mediators
- Encouraging people to participate in mediation
- How to ensure that mediation is safe, constructive, and effective
- Video of a simulated dispute, illustrating how people behave when they are in conflict
- Lecture and discussion
- Group exercises
- Small-group activities
- Practice sessions with simulated case material
- Real-life case studies
- HR Professionals
- People Managers and Team Leaders
- Welfare Officers
- Equality Officers
- Housing Workers
- Employment Solicitors
- Trainers and organisational consultants
- Trades Union Representatives
- Family workers and family group conferencing teams
We are pleased to be able to offer you a 10% discount if...
- Early bird discount - The course you are booking on is more than 90 days away
- Charity discount - You are representing a registered charity
- Three learner discount - You are booking three or more learners
Only one discount is allowed per booking.
At a glanceBook now
0800 772 0778
"Very good, I can't wait to get started! I will use the skills throughout the rest of my role at work." Jane Thrale, John Lewisread more testimonials
About the venue
The Leeds Marriott Hotel has a rare blend of contemporary comfort and historic elegance. With an impressive assortment of top-quality resources and a picture-perfect location in the city centre. That is the reason why we have chosen to hold our training courses here for the last few years.
The hotel sets the stage for an unforgettable visit with modern facilities and spacious training rooms. Delegates will appreciate the venue with everything required for a pleasant experience.
Due to its central location the venue is steps away from many celebrated attractions near the University of Leeds, First Direct Arena and Trinity Leeds. It is also easy to find for delegates with various routes to the venue.
How to get there
The venue is situated in the heart of Leeds city centre.
The Trinity car park is situated on the right as you arrive, postcode LS1 4AG. Please validate your ticket at concierge
The venue is located just 0.5 miles away from Leeds City Railway Station.
There are many routes that arrive close to the venue, with many of them coming to the Boar Lane stop which is situated around 100m from the venue.