The Interpersonal Mediation Practitioner’s Certificate
Become an accredited mediator with our flagship mediator qualification.
Qualify as a mediator with the Interpersonal Mediation Practitioner’s Certificate, the market-leading 40-hour professional mediator training programme.
The Interpersonal Mediation Practitioner’s Certificate qualifies you to be able to resolve all types of interpersonal disputes more positively, including bullying & harassment and grievance-type issues in the workplace, consumer disputes, family and neighbourhood fall-outs, all types of complaints, and business conflicts. Over 5,000 people have qualified with us in the last nineteen years on this highly regarded course, and 100% of our learners would recommend the course to others.
One reason for the popularity of the course is that all of our trainers are themselves practising mediators, who pass on their skills through a number of exercises, lectures, group discussions, lively dispute simulations and real case studies. We emphasise learning-by-doing in order to build up your competence and confidence as a mediator.
We have trained and qualified interpersonal mediators from all over the world, and our training sits on the National and the European Qualifications and Credits Frameworks, just like GCSEs, A Levels and Degrees. Train with us and you get a proper, externally accredited qualification, respected and recognised throughout the UK and beyond.
- compare and contrast mediation with other forms of dispute resolution
- identify the requisite skills and qualities of an effective mediator
- understand how to apply mediation in your own setting
- prepare for, set up, run, and conclude mediation sessions
- achieve the six learning outcomes for the level four award of the Mediation Practitioner's Certificate
- The underlying principles of mediation
- The step-by-step mediation process, and tasks at each stage
- The role of the mediator compared to other professional roles
- Confidentiality and impartiality in mediation
- How to initiate, manage and conclude the mediation process
- The skills and knowledge required of mediators
- Encouraging people to participate in mediation
- How to ensure that mediation is safe, constructive, and effective
- DVD material showing a live dispute, and illustrating how people behave when they are in conflict
- Lecture and discussion
- Group exercises
- Small-group activities
- Practice sessions with simulated case material
- Real-life case studies
- People Managers and Team Leaders
- Employment Solicitors
- Welfare Officers
- Equality Officers
- Housing Workers
- Trainers and organisational consultants
- HR Professionals
- Trades Union Representatives
- Family workers and family group conferencing teams
We are pleased to be able to offer you a 10% discount if...
- Early bird discount - The course you are booking on is more than 90 days away
- Charity discount - You are representing a registered charity
- Three learner discount - You are booking three or more learners
Only one discount is allowed per booking.
At a glanceBook now
0800 772 0778
"Brilliant course, enjoyed it and feel it has prepared me for future cases within our organisation." Amy Flynn, Leicester County Councilread more testimonials
About the venue
etc.venues Maple House in Birmingham is a conference & training venue in a superb Birmingham location. It provides state of the art facilities and that is the reason why we have chosen this venue to hold our accredited mediation training courses.
Delegates will enjoy a spacious and modern training facility, fully equipped with the latest AV technology and award winning catering included. There is super fast free WiFi throughout the venue as well as all rooms fitted with high spec projectors and screens.
It is situated in a great Birmingham City Centre location on Corporation Street overlooking Old Square. Just minutes from New Street, Snow Hill and Moor Street stations the venue is also conveniently located for a number of major bus routes. Parking is also available at a number of NCP car parks locally. Delegates will have no problems in finding this venue.
How to get there
From The M1 / M6
Exit at Junction 19. Take the M6 toward Coventry (North) / Birmingham. At junction 3a exit toward Birmingham / M42 / M5, merge onto the M6 motorway. Exit the M6 at junction 6, exit toward A38 (M) / Birmingham (Cen). Merge onto A5127 / Aston Expressway. Take the exit toward Lancaster Circus Queensway, City Centre. At Lancaster Circus Queensway, take the 1st exit on to James Watt Queensway. Take the first right at Newton Street, turn left in to Dalton Street. Maple House located on Corporation Street adjacent to Tesco Express.
From The M5 / M6 Southbound
Exit at Junction 1 of the M5. Exit the M6 at Junction 6, exit towards the A38 and following instructions as above.
*Contact venue for daily tarrifs and discounted rates. Parking subject to availability
From Birmingham New Street Station
Upon leaving the train, head for the Concourse via the escalator following the signs for ‘Way Out – Main Exit’. Once on the Concourse proceed through the automated ticket barrier. Exit out of the station following ‘New Street’ signs onto Stephenson Street and immediately turn right. Carry along Stephenson Street until you reach Stephenson Place; from here head North onto Corporation Street and continue for 400 metres where you will meet the Old Square Roundabout. At the roundabout you will see Maple House directly in front of you.
From Snow Hill Station Exit the station and cross on to Colmore Row. Continue heading through the walkway under the tall glass building directly opposite the station. Carry on through the shops for around 300m and then bear left in to The Minories Shopping Centre. Upon exiting The Minories walk across the pedestrian crossing, past the Tony Hancock statue in Old Square, across the next crossing and directly across the road to your right is Maple House, adjacent to Tesco Express.
From Moor Street Station Exit the station and turn right along Moor Street Parkway. Continue for around 300m and then turn left up the hill on to The Priory. At the top of the hill go over the crossing toward Tesco Express, follow the footpath round into Corporation Street and Maple House is directly on your right adjacent to Tesco Express.