The Interpersonal Mediation Practitioner’s Certificate
Become an accredited mediator with our flagship mediator qualification.
Qualify as a mediator with the Interpersonal Mediation Practitioner’s Certificate, the market-leading 40-hour professional mediator training programme.
The Interpersonal Mediation Practitioner’s Certificate qualifies you to be able to resolve all types of interpersonal disputes more positively, including bullying & harassment and grievance-type issues in the workplace, consumer disputes, family and neighbourhood fall-outs, all types of complaints, and business conflicts. Over 5,000 people have qualified with us in the last nineteen years on this highly regarded course, and 100% of our learners would recommend the course to others.
One reason for the popularity of the course is that all of our trainers are themselves practising mediators, who pass on their skills through a number of exercises, lectures, group discussions, lively dispute simulations and real case studies. We emphasise learning-by-doing in order to build up your competence and confidence as a mediator.
We have trained and qualified interpersonal mediators from all over the world, and our training sits on the National and the European Qualifications and Credits Frameworks, just like GCSEs, A Levels and Degrees. Train with us and you get a proper, externally accredited qualification, respected and recognised throughout the UK and beyond.
- compare and contrast mediation with other forms of dispute resolution
- identify the requisite skills and qualities of an effective mediator
- understand how to apply mediation in your own setting
- prepare for, set up, run, and conclude mediation sessions
- achieve the six learning outcomes for the level four award of the Mediation Practitioner's Certificate
- The underlying principles of mediation
- The step-by-step mediation process, and tasks at each stage
- The role of the mediator compared to other professional roles
- Confidentiality and impartiality in mediation
- How to initiate, manage and conclude the mediation process
- The skills and knowledge required of mediators
- Encouraging people to participate in mediation
- How to ensure that mediation is safe, constructive, and effective
- DVD material showing a live dispute, and illustrating how people behave when they are in conflict
- Lecture and discussion
- Group exercises
- Small-group activities
- Practice sessions with simulated case material
- Real-life case studies
- People Managers and Team Leaders
- Employment Solicitors
- Welfare Officers
- Equality Officers
- Housing Workers
- Trainers and organisational consultants
- HR Professionals
- Trades Union Representatives
- Family workers and family group conferencing teams
We are pleased to be able to offer you a 10% discount if...
- Early bird discount - The course you are booking on is more than 90 days away (indicated below)
- Charity discount - You are representing a registered charity
- Three learner discount - You are booking three or more learners
These discounts are added automatically during the booking process. Only one discount is allowed per booking.
At a glanceBook now
0800 772 0778
"Brilliant course, enjoyed it and feel it has prepared me for future cases within our organisation." Amy Flynn, Leicester County Councilread more testimonials
Would in-house be better?
We can offer this course as an in-house option and train your entire team at a time and place convenient for you.Find out more
Download a PDF
This document contains all of the above information in an easy-to-print PDF format for you to read at your leisure.Find out more