The Interpersonal Mediation Practitioner’s Certificate
Become an accredited mediator with our flagship mediation qualification.Train to be a mediator with the Interpersonal Mediation Practitioner's Certificate (IMPC), the market-leading 40-hour professional mediation training course, at venues across the UK.
The IMPC qualifies you to be able to resolve all types of interpersonal conflict more positively, including bullying and harassment and grievance-type issues in the workplace, consumer disputes, family and neighbourhood fall-outs, all types of complaints, and business conflicts. Over 5,000 people have qualified with us in the last nineteen years on this highly regarded course, and 100% of our learners would recommend the course to others.
One reason for the popularity of the course is that all of our trainers are themselves practising mediators, who pass on their mediation skills through a number of exercises, lectures, group discussions, lively dispute simulations and real case studies. We emphasise learning-by-doing in order to build up your competence and confidence as a mediator.
We have trained and qualified interpersonal mediators from all over the world, and our training sits on Ofqual's Register of Regulated Qualifications, just like GCSEs, A Levels and Degrees. Become a mediator with us and you get a proper, externally accredited qualification, respected and recognised throughout the UK and beyond.
- Compare and contrast mediation with other forms of dispute resolution
- Identify the requisite skills and qualities of an effective mediator
- Understand how to apply mediation in your own setting
- Prepare for, set up, run, and conclude mediation sessions
- Achieve the six learning outcomes for the level four award of the Mediation Practitioner's Certificate
- The underlying principles of mediation
- The step-by-step mediation process, and tasks at each stage
- The role of the mediator compared to other professional roles
- Confidentiality and impartiality in mediation
- How to initiate, manage and conclude the mediation process
- The skills and knowledge required of mediators
- Encouraging people to participate in mediation
- How to ensure that mediation is safe, constructive, and effective
- Video of a simulated dispute, illustrating how people behave when they are in conflict
- Lecture and discussion
- Group exercises
- Small-group activities
- Practice sessions with simulated case material
- Real-life case studies
- HR Professionals
- People Managers and Team Leaders
- Welfare Officers
- Equality Officers
- Housing Workers
- Employment Solicitors
- Trainers and organisational consultants
- Trades Union Representatives
- Family workers and family group conferencing teams
We are pleased to be able to offer you a 10% discount if...
- Early bird discount - The course you are booking on is more than 90 days away (indicated below)
- Charity discount - You are representing a registered charity
- Three learner discount - You are booking three or more learners
These discounts are added automatically during the booking process. Only one discount is allowed per booking.
At a glanceBook now
0800 772 0778
"Very good, I can't wait to get started! I will use the skills throughout the rest of my role at work." Jane Thrale, John Lewisread more testimonials
Would in-house be better?
We can offer this course as an in-house option and train your entire team at a time and place convenient for you.Find out more
Download a PDF
This document contains all of the above information in an easy-to-print PDF format for you to read at your leisure.Download PDF