Interpersonal Mediation Practitioner’s Certificate
Our flagship course trains you in the most used type of mediation – Interpersonal Mediation.
Interpersonal mediation is used where ever there is a dispute about what someone has said, done or acted and is employed in workplace, community, tenancy, intergenerational and family relationship disputes.
We have trained people from all over the world in Interpersonal Mediation and our training sits on the National and the European Qualifications and Credits Frameworks, just like GCSEs, A Levels and Degrees.
We have condensed this five day course down in to four intensive days – we cover the same content but work more intensively. At the end of the course you will have a month to complete a learning portfolio which takes the form of six questions for which you provide short essay style answers.
- The underlying principles of mediation
- The step-by-step mediation process, and tasks at each stage
- The role of the mediator compared to other professional roles
- Confidentiality and impartiality in mediation
- How to initiate, manage and conclude the mediation process
- The skills and knowledge required of mediators
- Encouraging people to participate in mediation
- How to ensure that mediation is safe, constructive, and effective
Your skills and knowledge are assessed throughpractice sessions during the course and by completing a post-course written assessment.
- People Managers and Team Leaders
- Employment Solicitors
- Welfare Officers
- Equality Officers
- Housing Workers
- HR Professionals
- Trade Union Representatives
At a glanceBook now
0800 772 0778
Scheduled dates for this course
Nottingham Conference Centre
O'Callaghan Eliott Hotel
"Brilliant course, enjoyed it and feel it has prepared me for future cases within our organisation." Amy Flynn, Leicester County Councilread more testimonials
Would in-house be better?
We can offer this course as an in-house option and train your entire team at a time and place convenient for you.Find out more
Download a PDF
This document contains all of the above information in an easy-to-print PDF format for you to read at your leisure.Find out more