Commercial Mediation Conversion Course
Expand on your previously learned mediation skills with a different type of mediation – Commercial Mediation.
The aim of the training is to provide you with the highest quality externally accredited training on the market, building upon the skills you learned on the Interpersonal Mediation Practitioner’s Certificate course to provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to start practising as a commercial mediator and gain the Commercial Mediation Practitioner’s Certificate.
The course runs over three full days and will be delivered by one of our practising mediators. The training offered by UK Mediation has become recognised as the benchmark standard for people wishing to mediate a range of disputes. The course is delivered by way of lecture, exercises, demonstration and by mediating simulated dispute cases. As part of the course you are given the opportunity to mediate in at least one complete mediation case. There may also be opportunity to take the role of a disputant and of a disputant’s representative in order to gain experience.
Build on your existing skills and widen your opportunities by becoming a certified mediator for commercial disputes.
- The differences between commercial and interpersonal mediation
- The contrasting roles of a commercial mediator and an interpersonal mediator
- The 6-step model of commercial mediation and how to apply it to a wide range of cases
- How to manage the ‘shuttle’ process
- How to work with parties’ legal advisers and representatives
- Keeping parties engaged in the process
- Knowing when to terminate the mediation
- How to draft mediation agreements
- Anyone who has completed an externally accredited course in family, neighbourhood, or workplace mediation
- Barristers and Solicitors
- Complaints Managers
- Auditors, Tax Specialists and Accountants
- Civil Engineers and Surveyors
- HR Professionals
- Those wishing to become an “ADR entity” in the context of the EU ADR directive
At a glanceBook now
0800 772 0778
Scheduled dates for this course
"Excellent at transforming interpersonal mediation skills into commercial mediation practice." Simon Richards, Mediator, Vectis Mediationread more testimonials
Would in-house be better?
We can offer this course as an in-house option and train your entire team at a time and place convenient for you.Find out more
Download a PDF
This document contains all of the above information in an easy-to-print PDF format for you to read at your leisure.Find out more