Train as a commercial / civil mediator
Mediation is now recognised as a serious and cost-effective way of resolving many financial and contractual disputes. There is a growing expectation in the courts that people should try and settle their dispute by mediation, while many individuals and organisations and individuals are realising for themselves the great commercial benefits that mediation can offer.
Our highly practical training leads to the award of an externally accredited qualification as a commercial/civil mediator. Upon successful completion of the course and its assessment, you can:
• Resolve financial & contractual disputes for a fraction of the time & cost that it takes to go to court
• Advise, represent or accompany other people taking part in mediation
• Work as an independent commercial mediator, or be an in-house mediator within your own profession or organisation
• Add mediation skills to your professional toolkit: a highly valuable addition, even if you never get to conduct a mediation case
You will also meet the training requirement to be able to:
• Apply to join the UK Register of Mediators
• Apply for membership of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb) *
• Join a Civil Mediation Council (CMC) - accredited mediation provider
* We have undertaken a matching exercise with the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, so that our training will exempt you from completion of Modules 1 and 2 of their commercial mediation training. To gain ‘CIArb Accredited Mediator’ status, you then just have to complete CIArb’s own mediation assessment.
UK Mediation is an accredited CPD provider: this course attracts attracts CPD points with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and the Bar Standards Board.
The external accreditation of the course is with AIM awards, an awarding body on Ofqual’s Qualifications & Credit Framework. This means that the high quality of our trainers, our course content, and our assessments are all maintained through an ongoing process of external scrutiny and moderation.
There are no strict entry requirements for this course, only a preparedness to engage in a very practical training programme, centred around role-play, exercises, and working as a mediator with simulated dispute cases.
Although our course attracts many solicitors and barristers, you do not need to have knowledge of the law in order to join this popular course.
For further information please see the Commercial Mediation Practitioner's Certificate brochure or download a Prospectus.
To see all available courses please see our Public Course Schedule
We are also running a free seminar event 'Becoming a Civil & Commercial Mediator' which will take place at our Manchester venue on 12th July 2013. This event is a chance to discover if training in mediation is for you, and will consist of a presentation, followed by the chance to ask questions and chat to some of the UK Mediation team.
For more information or to book on this seminar please see our free seminar and events page.
Make an Enquiry
This course was challenging, but extremely informative. Learner, Hampshire Police