November 3rd, 2011
Is an unresolved dispute getting in the way of your business? Are you facing the expense, delay and distraction of an impending court case?
Mediation may be able to help: it provides a low-cost, fast, and private way to resolve a wide range of disputes within the construction industry. It simply gives you and the other side a chance to work out a commercial settlement that you can both live with, and if mediation does not work, you can still proceed to arbitration or litigation if you need to.
With mediation you can:
- avoid having to have a court hearing
- settle around 80% of disputes in a single day
- keep your dispute completely private
- agree settlement terms that both sides can live with
…and the figures add up:
- mediation is quick to set up and conclude: you can soon get back to running your business
- if you are using a legal advisor, your legal bill will be much lower
- a mediated settlement will often leave you and the other side on good terms: you won’t need to go looking for a new contractor, customer, or supplier
Don’t take our word for it. Come along and hear more about how mediation is catching on fast in the construction industry:
FREE mediation seminar: European Inn, Derby, Nov 25th 2011 , 2.00 – 3.30
You‘ll also get a voucher for 25% off your first mediation case with us.
November 1st, 2011
The CIPD Annual Conference and Exhibition has proven very useful for us over the past few years. It has allowed us to catch up with people that we have previously trained, and see how they are putting their mediation skills to good use. It is also great to see new faces that are enthusiastic about the benefits that mediation can give. If you are at the event, then please feel free to pop over to stand 6010 to chat about mediation.
Alongside some prestigious guest speakers in the HR field, we will be delivering a Skill Shop presentation entitled “How to support people to change their response to conflict.” This will aim to explore people’s responses to conflict, and outline how individuals can tackle disputes in a constructive and informal manner. If you are at the event, this presentation will be held on Tuesday 8th November at 12:45pm, so please do come along.
If you would like to attend the CIPD ACE exhibition, please visit: http://www.cipd.co.uk/cande/annual/exhibition/preregister to register.